Document Control Officer | Perth CBD | Immediate Start | 6 Month Contract
Shark Bay Salt Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui & Co. Ltd, which is one of the worlds most diversified trading, investment and services enterprises. We own and operate two saltfields in Western Australia – Shark Bay Resources and Onslow Salt.
Based at the Perth Head Office this newly created project role will report directly to the Internal Control Officer with duties that include:
- Critically analyse and assess the current Document Control System.
- Lead process improvement initiatives in relation to document control to ensure fit for purpose and efficient processes are used.
- Identify and assess future and current improvement opportunities in consultation with Leaders.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify and digitize important documents.
- Facilitate the consolidation of company policies, procedures and documentation.
- Maintain document formatting standards including naming conventions and storage.
- Implement, design and create a document control language, processes and systems that are consistent across the group.
- Ensure an auditable trail of incoming and outgoing documentation, including dates, revisions, reviewers and status is maintained.
- Assist in the documentation, distribution and review of Quality Assurance (QA) documentation.
- Participate in audit reviews of ISO certification across both sites.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Assist in the writing and proof reading of documents across the Group.
- Organise and/or conduct DMS training/education sessions for staff.
- Distribute document templates and communicate changes that pertain to documents, policies and procedures effectively.
- Maintain document metadata.
- Provide regular reporting on document statuses.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of a high performing and harmonious team.
- Monitor and facilitate document review workflows.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
The Minimum Requirements:
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditing qualification.
- Prior experience in setting up document management system/s.
- Experience as a standalone Document Control Officer.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple tasks, projects and competing priorities.
- High proficiency in records management with a focus on electronic documents.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively.
- Well-developed critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Capacity to work in a team as well as autonomously when required.
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience with Alfresco.
Why you should apply:
- Join a team that are engaged, knowledgeable and welcoming.
How to apply:
Please apply via SEEK.
Should you have questions please do not hesitate to contact Sarah for a confidential discussion.
Mobile: 0429 622 360
Shark Bay Salt is an equal opportunity employer.